Sunday, April 19, 2015

Measuring c with peeps

I'm always amazed at the creativity one can find on the Internet (amidst all the crap of course). This week I discovered Skunk Bear's "Finding the Speed of Light with Peeps" from NPR Kitchen Science. It's engaging, funny, well-paced, educational, and has good clear illustration and narrative. I've been watching a number of science related videos this semester for my General Chemistry class. There's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I won't share details of the latter two. I have found a number of channels that do a relatively good job of explaining some of the conceptual material, or go through how to manipulate a numerical problem. I've also enjoyed a number of wacky music videos that explain different aspects of biochemistry. But I have to say that this latest video is one of the best ones I've seen recently. I wish I had more creativity to put something like this together, or perhaps the time and energy! I could say more but the video speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment